We may collect information about you by your use of the Website, or where you otherwise provide us with information, including when you enter into promotions or complete surveys. The only personal information we may collect is what you volunteer to tell us about yourself, and may include general personal information, demographics, income, spending habits and potential purchases.
If you contact us (by phone, email, or otherwise), we may keep a record of our correspondence with you.
We use this information for research or to improve goods, services and performance. We may also use this information for reasonable business purposes, for example, to contact you, via email or regular mail, to provide you with information we believe may be of interest, including marketing and promotional material. Under no circumstances do we share, disclose or sell any personally identifiable information collected with other organisations or companies.
Where you submit an enquiry, we will use that information to respond to your enquiry and may also use such information for internal corporate purposes such as monitoring and improving customer services or aspects of the Website. We may also collect information from you by your use of the Website which is not personally identifiable. For example, we may track information about the date and time you access the site, the type of browser you use and the website from which you connected to the site. Our website collects this information by depositing “cookies” in your computer. This does not collect any information which personally identifies you and does not have any effect on how your computer system works. We may analyse the data for certain trends and statistics, such as which parts of the website users are visiting and how long they spend there.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You acknowledge and consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information in circumstances that are to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- set up, manage and contact you about your account and orders;
- update and manage our customer and marketing databases;
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about other products or services (including products and services that are co-branded or that we are otherwise engaged with promoting) that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- personalise emails that we send to you, including using your name to address emails to you and using your gender to provide gender-specific content;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so (including creating links to our website in your social media channels);
- carry out market research and analysis;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- administer and improve our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- confirm your age and identity, and to identify and prevent fraud;
- keep our Website safe and secure, and comply with applicable law;
Otherwise, we will not disclose personal information unless: (a) required to do so by law, regulation or an industry code of practice; (b) for safety reasons; or (c) where we reasonably believe that you are in breach of our terms and conditions or are engaged in illegal activities. We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted in the National Privacy Principles.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CHILDREN
We are strongly committed to preserving online privacy for all of our Website visitors, including children. The Website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. We will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to use or submit information to the Website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will take all reasonable steps to keep any information we hold about you secure, accurate and up to date. We will store your information securely and take appropriate steps to protect it from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. However, no guarantee can be given that information sent over the Internet is always 100% secure. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
We use a trusted third-party payment processing service to process your payment to us and we do not store your credit/debit card information. You can elect to save your credit or debit card details once your order on our Website has been processed, to make any future orders easier. However, for your security you will need to enter your card’s 3-digit security code for every subsequent transaction where you elect to use the saved credit/debit card. If you elect to store your credit or debit card details after an order on the Website, your credit/debit card details will be stored with our trusted third-party payment processor.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
USE OF ANALYTICS AND TARGETED ADVERTISING TOOL
In order to better serve our Website visitors and customers, we may use Google Analytics features (more information about these features is set out below and at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
You can opt-out of the Google Analytics features and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ad Settings.
As an added privacy measure, you can download and use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Google Analytics features include the following:
- Regarding Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, we may use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising and/or third party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to target and improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and our Website content.
- We may also use analytics and targeted advertising tools provided by other third parties, including Facebook, Adroll and Bing.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information:
- where you have consented for us to do so. For example, if you have consented to receive marketing materials from third parties, or in respect of third parties’ (including co-branded or jointly promoted) products and services, we may pass your information on to the relevant third parties;
- to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties as necessary for the performance of any contract we enter with you or any service you have requested (for example, we engage third parties to deliver packages, to host our Website and to process card payments, and your payment information will be provided to financial institutions (including banks and card schemes) in order to process your transactions);
- to business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary for the performance of any contract we enter with them (for example, we engage third parties to send emails and postal mail on our behalf, to provide data cleansing services and to provide marketing and advertising services);
- to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if the Website or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect our customers and Website from fraud and theft. We may pass on personal information that is required to make identity checks and personal information that we obtain from making identity checks (including information relating to your age, name and location), together with account information to organisations including law enforcement agencies, involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.